This section is for articles about coding, scripting, and programming, mostly using PHP, Java, and XML technologies.
MainArgsHandler in Java.
- An introduction to a Java utility class which processes command-line arguments passed to a Java application.
- Intervals in Java.
- An introduction to a Java package which offers support for mathematical intervals.
- Paging with XSLT 2.0.
- How to produce multiple pages of data from a single XML file, using an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet.
- Handling errors in PHP.
- Create custom error handlers that discreetly tell you about errors on your live site.
- Reading XML feeds in PHP 5 using SimpleXML.
- How to extract data from XML and then cache it for repeated display on your page.
- Custom 404 error handler in PHP.
- Present a more helpful 404 "File not found" error page to your lost visitors.
- The GNU find command.
- How to use find and BASH to run a script on every directory within a directory tree.
- Apache 2 with PHP 5 CGI.
- How to get Apache 2 to use PHP 5 built as a CGI executable.
- Keep PHP files in different directory trees.
- Advice on how to keep library files separate from page-generating scripts.
- Reading data from an XML feed onto your site with PHP.
- A guide to extracting data from RSS feeds to display on your site.
- XML data extraction using regex.
- A three-page article that offers two handy PHP functions for extracting data from XML files using regular expressions.
- A content randomizer in PHP.
- A way to randomly select content for output to a webpage.
- Mailform abuse and how to prevent it.
- A tale of how the feedback form on this website was exploited by junk mailers, and what changes were needed to fix the problem.